Important information to help you register accurately and correctly:
To register go to http://parkco.fairwire.com
Please review the Fair book and see any changes are written in red. The Park County Fair Book is online, for rules and regulations for 4-H General/Table Top projects please visit http://co4h.colostate.edu/statefair/StateFairExhibitReq.pdf
Here is important information to help you register accurately and efficiently:
- We are continuing with the online shoWorks system this year, hopefully this will be an easy process for all of you! To register go to http://parkco.fairwire.com/ The directions on how to register for Park County Fair on the shoWorks website are attached, and are posted on the Park County CSU Extension Website at this link: https://park.extension.
colostate.edu/wp-content/ uploads/sites/51/2020/06/ Online-Entry-Instructions.pdf
- We have created an ALL things 4-H Fair page on our website – check in to see all the upcoming activities. https://park.extension.
- The deadline for ALL ENTRIES in shoWorks is June 8. Late entries will be accepted until June 14 with a $5/class fee. There will be an administrative charge of $25/class for any changes or class drops made to your entries after June 14.
- Fair Clean-up/Set-up will happen on a few different days this year. This is required for all members please look for the sign-up sheet in the 4-H Round Up, if you can’t attend any of these days please contact Park County Fair Admin, MacKenzie at email@example.com to set up a time to come in and help out.
FCS & General News:
- Shooting Sports members, remember to sign up for the Project (Stand Alone or Display Boards) and the Contest – separately in shoWorks. Your leaders and Agents can help with working on your project if you have questions. To find the project – please choose 4-H Exhibits, and then Natural Resources you will then find all of the shooting sports project options.
- Interviews for ALL GENERAL/FCS (NON-ANIMAL) PROJECTS will be Monday, July 10, from 9:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. in the Community Center on the Park County Fairgrounds. You need to sign up for an interview with the judge for each of your projects and make sure to complete your record books. Please keep an eye out for the Interview judging schedule in the 4-H Round Up. We will have updates each week under the Headline Park County Fair.
- Please sign up to help us ensure that the 4-H and Open Class projects are safe! This is a super Easy Job, you just get to welcome people to the Exhibit Hall and tell them about the different projects if they have questions. – Sign Up here: https://bit.ly/
- There will be required Livestock written tests on each of the species you are registered for that will be emailed out on June 15 and will need to be completed by July 1.
- 4-H Livestock check-in will take place on Tuesday, July 11, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm or Wednesday, July 12 starting at 7:00 am. Livestock Weigh-in will take place on Wednesday, July 12 (7:00 am – 8:30 am Swine, 8:30 am – 9:30 am Sheep/Goats, 9:30 am – Noon Beef) – This year we are again asking youth to stall your animals and get them settled in and then bring them to the scale house for weigh in.
- Market Animals – Please register for Showmanship, Market Animal, and Catch-An-Animal (If applicable)
- Poultry Show – Unfortunately, due to the HPAI (Avian Influenza) we will be holding our poultry show virtually again this year. The videos will need to be emailed to Barbie by July 1 and the interviews will take place on Wednesday, July 5 or Thursday, July 6.
- Small Animals – We are asking that each family signs up for a two-hour barn watch. Please sign up here – https://bit.ly/
- Horse Registration – I am trying a new registration system. I put all horse under one heading so hopefully it will be easier to register. I am open to feedback so please let me know if this is easier to register.
- Horse Show needs volunteer Help to make it run Smoothly! Please consider signing up for a specific role to help out our wonderful horse group succeed. https://bit.ly/
- 4-H Ranch Horse Show will be on Tuesday, July 11 at 9:00 am, and English and Western Show on Thursday, July 13, at 7:30 am.
- If you will be needing a stall for the fair – please keep an eye out for an email with the link to register with our new stall reservation form.
- There will be required Horse written tests on each of the species you are registered for that will be emailed out on June 15 and will need to be completed by July 1.
We are so excited about all of the upcoming activities at the fair and can’t wait to see you at the fair!
If you have any questions please feel free to email Barbie Garnett firstname.lastname@example.org, or Hillary Spivak email@example.com