Online Auction hosted by DV Auctions
Learn how to bid in their Online Bidding Tutorial here
Online Cut sheets available here. These can be filled out prior to the auction and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to help streamline the buying process
The 4-H market livestock programs require all participant to adhere to wholesome meat practices. Each member is trained to raise their animals using principals that ensure the healthiest product available.
No hormones or steroids allowed
Antibiotic and other medication withdrawal periods are strictly enforced
All livestock feed utilizes quality grain and hay
When purchasing a 4-H animal you are supporting the 4-H programs of Park County and the State of Colorado. Youth who participate in 4-H livestock projects learn valuable skills such as personal responsibility, decision making and have a better understanding of livestock production and management practices. 4-H members also get involved in their community through service projects. Many 4-H members save their earnings for education. By purchasing a 4-H animal you may be helping to put a young person through college!
A Good Deal
When you purchase a 4-H meat animal you are getting meat at better than grocery store prices. Since you are purchasing all cuts of meat at once, the average price reflects the price of all cuts including steaks and roasts. This is a great deal! Purchasing a year’s supply of meat at one time may be a considerable financial commitment but the savings will more than make up for that initial cost.
Steps to Purchase Great Meat
- Decide what you can afford (See the table below for average costs). If you cannot afford, or cannot use, an entire animal, go in with one or more partners. Beef can be divided four ways, Lamb and Pork two ways. If you cannot find a partner, come to the auction and the Livestock Committee will match you up with other buyers, or contact Bea Everest at 303-907-6126 prior to July 17th.
- Come to the Auction or designate a bidder. Bidding is done by the pound of animal weight.
- Fill out a cut sheet for each animal purchased (specify size of steaks and roasts, types of sausage, curing, etc.)
- Pay the Park County 4-H Livestock Committee for the animal.
- Animals are shipped to the packing plant by the Livestock Committee after the auction.
- Wait 2-3 weeks.
- Pick up your meat at the appropriate processing plant (pay for processing at this time).